New Visitor

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was just outside cleaning up the backyard, when this guy showed up at my new bird feeder. He did not flinch when I walked over, grabbed the camera, and snapped these two shots.

IMG_8092a.jpg

IMG_8093a.jpg

cool..... not often you'd see one of those in yer garden!..... well captured chiller :thumbup:

hey chiller....great shots!!

this looks like either a downy wood pecker or a hairy wood pecker....( make up your own jokes....)

and the only difference between them is size...the hairy woodpecker is a bit larger...but its hard to tell....does that help??

Thanks for the comments Arch, April. and melcooney. Bet as soon as our "real" bird photogs get here, they will peg this one for sure.
Kinda cool. He has been here for an hour now. A cardinal just dropped in. How ironic at easter eh...oh wait...it is the bird version. I just cannot get a shot of him. Kane wont share the backyard.

it looks like woodpecker..

how lucky you are to captured that view of birds..

I been longing to see those birds in RL..

I see you are really getting Downy with it. Nice shot. Definitely a Downy, beak to short for a Hairy. Hairy beak is much larger, but in the Woodpecker world size is not important. It is beak strength, and of course the Flicker Woodpecker is known for something else, but I can't go there.

Thanks so much for all your comments. Seems this guy has taken to my house. He stayed the day yesterday. Sure hope he has built a place near by.
Ya crack me up Pete.:lol:

Thanks Sir Raymond. Nah...no hummers here, but I might try this year. Im sure Kane will love these. But my sisterinlaw has a flock of them at her house.
I have heard humming birds, but that was a few years ago, before the meds.:lmao:

Chiller said:
Thanks Sir Raymond. Nah...no hummers here, but I might try this year. Im sure Kane will love these. But my sisterinlaw has a flock of them at her house.
I have heard humming birds, but that was a few years ago, before the meds.:lmao:

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!! well, I bet they will be some fun too shoot..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back