New watermark C&C

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I've been playing around with a few different designs for a new watermark. Currently I just use a signature and my website, but I'd love to come up with a design that also serves as branding. Shooting around New England, lighthouses are a pretty common so my first design idea centered around that. Is it super distracting? Font, spacing, etc. critique? I appreciate any input

watermark1.jpg
watermark2.jpg

not at all. And i think a distinct watermark that is memorable will help with branding. Generally i would say the lighthouse idea is kind of cliche but for your purposes (and the type of work you shoot) it might work, long as it isn't being heavily used by others already. i would almost be tempted to suggest you put a actual light on the light house. As getting your name noticed and remembered is as important as how much it might detract from the photo. Paying customers know they wont have the watermark on the image. And if they aren't paying you really just want your brand to stand out who cares if it detracts a little long as it draws their attention to it. two cents.

Appreciate the input man. Nobody I know of has a watermark like this, most of the New England people I know either have outlines of mountains or a silhouette of a photographer.

I'd like to come up with a logo of some sort, using it as a watermark, business card, etc. There's a guy who displays some photos in a gallery right next to my house, and while his photos are just...meh, his presentation is very nice and he sells quite a bit. On every photo, framed or matted/bagged, he has a sticker on the back with his logo, website, and a description of the photo. The watermark would be more of introducing the logo to my audience, and then putting it on my site, business cards, and so on.

Nice business logo but to much for a watermark. I think it detracts from two nice pictures that you posted

Nice business logo but to much for a watermark. I think it detracts from two nice pictures that you posted

I'm inclined to agree with you, and felt kind of the same trying it out on a few different images, but was on the fence about it. Just not sure what to do about the watermark issue. I need to use something, the basic signature one I'm using now serves it's purpose I suppose, just wanted to get some brand recognition across the board so to speak

I think names work best as a watermark. Better to be remembered as JSecond then the lighthouse logo guy:biggrin:

I think it's too limiting.

Ah, good call. I appreciate everyone's input here

I'm inclined to agree with you, and felt kind of the same trying it out on a few different images, but was on the fence about it. Just not sure what to do about the watermark issue. I need to use something, the basic signature one I'm using now serves it's purpose I suppose, just wanted to get some brand recognition across the board so to speak

Your are your brand so what's better then to brand yourself then with your signature. Let your signature be your logo if you want.

The ONLY thing I add to my images is my signature. And by signature I mean the same signature I would sign with my hand.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back