Mishel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.digitalphotographywriter.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys,

I've spent some time devleoping a new web application for comparing a relative size of digital cameras. The application (currently in beta) allows you to compare two different digital cameras side by side and comprehend the relative size differences between them. I need your help in helping me out by providing some useful opinions about what should be improved. I've spent a lot of time developing it and I hope that some of you will find it useful.

application site: Camera Size - Digital Camera Size Comparison Tool
I need help in testing against various browsers, playing with the UI and see what should be improved. You help will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Well it works fine in Google Chrome. I think some folks will find it useful for PAS cameras, just not sure about the DSLR market? Also would be really good to see the cameras actual size, even if that meant putting them one above the other (think this would be kind of important), and perhaps an option to change the coin to a £ or euro with the ability to drag n drop this instead of the hand?

It's obvious you've spent a lot of time on this, and i'm sure it will be useful to some.

Hope this helps

I agree. I've always wanted something like this. But, I'm afraid it will look different on different resolution screens. It would be great if you could figure out some way to have the images appear in actual size as well as overlay the images to see actual size photos ontop one another.

Mark

looks really good on Firefox.... although the initial screen took about 30 seconds to load. Nice App!

Thanks for your comments. The problem with life size is that it depends on the pixel size of the display. It means that I should analyze the display model, but I don't think it is possible though. I can create a Java application that can access the hardware specs, but that's too much I think. Regarding the loading times, I should make the default cameras (on load) to be for those small cameras, so the images will weight less. Thanks for your comments.

You don't need to. You could just request others to choose their screen size and resolution or PPI.

The opening screen didn't take that long to load on mine. About the same time as every other website..

Mark

The opening screen didn't take that long to load on mine. About the same time as every other website..

Mark

Thanks Mark for you feedback. I did optimize it a lot to make it as fast as possible considering the limitations.

Need your help:
I've just added a new "Mobile" sharing button feature which allows you to share a specific camera comparison by scanning a QR barcode using your mobile phone QR code scanner app. I need someone to help me test it, preferably on Android, iPhone and Blackberry devices. You can load the specific comparison to your phone, tweet it and (facebook) LIKE it.

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi guys, really need your help.

I wanted to know if for you the site is available. If you can please provide your country name and browser that you are using (if it's not a trouble). I need it to check some zones availability of the servers. Just take a sneak pick and tell me if the site loads for you..

Thanks.

It works on mine. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Google Chrome - Windows 7 Starter.

Hi guys, I need to check the availability in Europe, anyone from Germany, Netherlands, Spain ,etc to check the site if it's online for him/her ?

I've just update the tool to allow viewing a specific camera in life-size. Please help me check out this feature. In order to view a camera in life-size, click the magnifying-glass icon above each camera and enter your monitor size in inches and click the 'Go' button. You can check the size by comparing it to your current camera that you own. Just hold it close to the monitor and you should get to see if it's the real size or not.

I recommend clicking CTRL+F5 to refresh the cache of your browser.

Thanks in advance.

As far as I can tell, this works just fine. I have a D300s, a camera that's not on the list. So I can't tell you 100% that it's perfect, but they all seem to work well for me. The resulting image when you open it up looks a tad low-res, but the feature seems to work great. The ONLY thing I could see to make it better is to be able to open both cameras in full size. But that's not necessary.

Mark

Thank you Mark!

Indeed, the images are enlargement, rather than 1:1 resolution. It was faster, bandwidth friendly and prevent me a lot of work. It's not perfect, but looks ok, especially if you are just after viewing the physical dimensions of the camera. I took your comments into consideration and work in improving this feature. thanks.

I've added a suggestion submission page where you can submit your ideas and other people can vote for it. Although I want to keep this topic active to hear what other members have to see.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back