New webpage...1st draft

uberben

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.benberndtphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last night I decided that I wanted to build a new flash based webpage. So I downloaded a trial version of flash MX 8 and went to town. This is a just a rough draft and I tonight i'm going to get a gallery plugin that is better. I just through together something for the gallery at the end. This is a wedding based site and I also plan on doing a HTML version of it on monday so people have a choice of which way to enter it. What do you think of the layout and the music? Do you feel a sense of mood when viewing it? If so, what kind of mood? I know the gallery stinks so no need to comment on it.
Thanks for the input
Ben

www.benberndtphotography.com

I think it's a pretty darn good start. Spell check, though. Don't want potential customers catching your spelling errors. ;)

Not a biggie. I noticed loosing .... :) We've had spelling errors on literature at work, and we've caught it after it's gone out to who knows how many customers, and I always think ... man, they must think we're dumb. LOL

My 2 cents.

1. You definitely want to have somebody check your copy -- too many grammar/spelling errors (and you have lots of them) will make people think that you don't pay attention to detail. And as a photographer, you must let people think that you are fanatical with detail.

2. On my machine, the font was MUCH too small to read... most people over 40 would probably not even bother.

3. Break down your pricing a bit more... perhaps into 2 or 3 "packages." When people are shopping for a wedding photog, they are often on a tight budget, and they want to know EXACTLY what they getting for a certain price.

4. Be consistent using "we" versus "I". You say "How Can I Help...?" but then you say "Our services range..."

5. With the "recent wedding clients," it would be nice if their names linked to some photos of their wedding. Just having a few names doesn't tell me (as a consumer) very much.

6. List your services with prices. (see note 3 above).

7. On my screen there is too much blank space on the right hand side... take advantage of this space (with some knock-em-dead samples of your wedding photography).

Hope that helps.

Jim

Most reactions

Back