New website logo

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, Photo Lucidity is needing to be revised. When that site was created it was literally thrown together by illustrators and now I want to reconfigure it to be more accomodating to it's initial target audience. I have been toying with the concept of changing the Site Logo, the existing Logo is just plain spartan and I would like some thoughts on the new one I threw together tonight.

What I currently have in mind is going from

logo_phpBB.gif

to

Picture78.jpg

It's not much of an improvemant and might be completely redon in the event of further site overhaul. I wanted to try and stick to the original colors for the time being. Any C&C on this would greately be apprieciated.

For those of you who don't know what Photo Lucidity is, it's a free of charge community for photographers where professional and amateur photographers can display and discuss photography similar to DeviantArt without all the distracting anime illustrations or the added hassle of making and maintaining a website.

Main - Photo Lucidity

Last edited:
It looks more like another 'banner' rather than a 'logo'.

However if I were to critique them as logos then, then for starters, I would say the old one is better because a logo should never contain so many elements of pictures / designs. The banner plus the website design is just too bland for me - especially with the whole solid grey theme..

Anyways, if you do up others, I'll let you know again.

It looks more like another 'banner' rather than a 'logo'.

However if I were to critique them as logos then, then for starters, I would say the old one is better because a logo should never contain so many elements of pictures / designs. The banner plus the website design is just too bland for me - especially with the whole solid grey theme..

Anyways, if you do up others, I'll let you know again.

That is always a disteinct possibility. I have always thought the site was rather bland as well but no one seems willing to work on designing a new layout at the current time. Designing a new logo is one of my ideas to hopefully help build some confidence so that I may tackle that over all design of the site.

Hi Battou I agree with Andrew. If you are interested in changing things up first play around with fonts. Download fonts that you don't have and play with them and see what works for you. Also if the color scheme isn't to your liking get a color wheel. Just make sure it's something that you like. In the end, it is your baby. Um... I sometimes use color schemes/palatte from HomeDepot paint department... shhhh, don't tell nobody.

Yeah, Um perhaps I shouldhave mentioned that I do not own the site. I am the primary administrator but I have to run everything past the owner, otherwise I would have overhauled it quite some time ago. Given that the owner of the site is generally open to suggestions I posted it here and sent him a link to this thread so he can see what unrelated eyes think. Like I said this is still concept so....

Further note, my original though containing half the image elements was rejected stating that the middle was a little barren. I'll post that one as well and see what yall think.

Picture76.jpg

I thought that font was a little plain and changed it to the one seen above but.....

No no no... You have to get to work on finding a font. Step outside of the box that you're in. Try 50-100 to see what's out there. Start here...Search results for fonts - Mininova download what you might need... start with the 3800 fonts.

I feel funny about a logo using images. The Background is nice but work with a logo that is yours and yours alone is the way to go. Play with shapes as you did before even the letters to create a unique form.

Post at least 10 for us to look at if you have the time. No hurry.

No no no... You have to get to work on finding a font. Step outside of the box that you're in. Try 50-100 to see what's out there. Start here...Search results for fonts - Mininova download what you might need... start with the 3800 fonts.

I feel funny about a logo using images. The Background is nice but work with a logo that is yours and yours alone is the way to go. Play with shapes as you did before even the letters to create a unique form.

Post at least 10 for us to look at if you have the time. No hurry.

I have plenty of fonts, and I know where to get more should the need araise.

Additionally, the original logo was not my creation, just what was there when I registered for the site back in 2006. I wanted to try and keep it similar for the time being to make it easier for the development team to put in place as they are busy with working on preparing FAC v3.2 for release right now. I think I am going to ditch that idea and just start from scratch like you suggested.

Sadly I lack the time to work on new ones right now, I leave work for home in a half hour, but time permitting I might do some work on more concepts at home and bring them in tonight.

Sry i didnt read anything.. but the second one is way too busy.. so i like the first. simple easy to read and remember..

Another great way to see colors together is Adobe's Kuler. Just search for anything and it will give you some color schemes.

As for the logo, I like the first better. Generally, I don't like script fonts, especially really bold ones.

Battou, I kink of like the three boxes on the right side of your original logo. Can that be incorporated into your new logo? I think that it is simple but effective.

Love the idea of the website Battou. I thought I'd give you a few ideas here since I couldn't sleep. Here's 2 designs I came up with.

29cl40k.jpg

-
105aczk.jpg

well I did a little brain storming on some simple ideas. They are nothing spactacular They are all transparencies. I wanted to incorperate a camera into the design but...

Brainstorming1-10.jpg

Battou, I kink of like the three boxes on the right side of your original logo. Can that be incorporated into your new logo? I think that it is simple but effective.

...I never understood them to put it bluntly

Love the idea of the website Battou. I thought I'd give you a few ideas here since I couldn't sleep. Here's 2 designs I came up with.

29cl40k.jpg

-
105aczk.jpg

I got a phone call and was in the middle of my previous post when you posted.

I like those, this is precisely why I have been putting this off for so long, I suck. I'm having such a creative block right now it ain't funny, I could not come up with something like that if I wanted to and the site owners standard responce is "You're the artist".

That is definately the kind of thought process I would love to have. I'll definately take the suggestions to heart and sit down over the weekend and put some real time and effort into a few along those lines.

Glad you liked them. I'm still suffering from this inability to sleep tonight. I thought I'd play around some more. Here's an animated version. :D
-
wjc4ci.gif

Most reactions

Back