New Wedding tonight. Got back and already editing...

thanks. It's hard to be thinking technical when your in the middle of a dance floor! lol No seriously, I agree, and I took some time with this last series.

the second series are much nicer but regards the comment above, nothing could be simpler when shooting a dance floor shot. Set your camera to manual and keep your flash (I use a 580EX) on ETTL. Set the camera to the required aperture and shutter speed and set your canera to about ISO 400-800. I also normally set my flash to between +1 and +2 FEC depending on the distance I am from my subject and it seems to work well.

So you set it and shoot (just check your histograms regularly).

I do like the shots but I agree with several here your colours on many are off, stick all the images in a folder and use photoshop file browser to view, placing them together you'll see the difference yourself. Don't get on the defensive, everyone gets colour casts etc, trouble is if you look at an image more than three seconds your brain does the correction automatically, you need to sort the miscoloured ones and manually correct these. H

Ugh.

I was trying to get a "antique feel" on some of the photos, to reflect the Old World atmosphere. It didn't work on some.

I will correct what I need to, trust me, I am not getting defensive, but I already know how to properly change the color scheme and white balance.

:)

Great moments and emotions here. Wonderful job! They seem very red to me. Are you shooting RAW?

A side note.......I'd LOVE it if I had to go through 8 gigs. :) Our normal take is around 30 gigs!!!!!

I don't shoot RAW... I just don't see the need for the extra processing time, especially with what I got paid for this wedding.

It was a very very low amount, under $400 dollars, but I did it because I knew the bride and she asked me, or they probably would'nt have had one. Which is why I had to deal with a family member videographer and several amatuer photographers in EVERY shot.

I don't shoot RAW... I just don't see the need for the extra processing time, especially with what I got paid for this wedding.

It was a very very low amount, under $400 dollars, but I did it because I knew the bride and she asked me, or they probably would'nt have had one. Which is why I had to deal with a family member videographer and several amatuer photographers in EVERY shot.

RM
RAW + Lightroom is very very quick. Probably quicker than just JPGs alone because I guess you still edit each of the jpgs!?

You also have so much more control over your images when shooting, for weddings it just doesn't make sense not to shoot in RAW. I appreciate it's not for everyone but when shooting a one-off event like a wedding, it can save your bacon and save you time.

Elsapets 30Gb is a lot of data to go through although with 2 photographers and using 1 series cameras they've each probably shot a similar number to you.

RM
RAW + Lightroom is very very quick. Probably quicker than just JPGs alone because I guess you still edit each of the jpgs!?

You also have so much more control over your images when shooting, for weddings it just doesn't make sense not to shoot in RAW. I appreciate it's not for everyone but when shooting a one-off event like a wedding, it can save your bacon and save you time.

Elsapets 30Gb is a lot of data to go through although with 2 photographers and using 1 series cameras they've each probably shot a similar number to you.

Explain more about RAW + Lightroom?

Very nice. I love the last set you put on they are my favorite. :)

Explain more about RAW + Lightroom?

I import my images into lightroom and there's a thumbnail view of every image along the bottom of the screen. You tweak your raw settings like exposure, contrast, shadows, fill and recovery to get the image exposed the way you want.

You can then edit and convert to greyscale or add a sepia tone or add vignettes, sharpening (and a whole host of other things) and then when you have edited the raws (all without damaging the original files might I add), you can export them all to tif, jpg, psd etc. You can export as full res or even as web sized images! Very quick.

You can create a slide show and/or a web album and/or you can print from lightroom too.

Once you have edited the raw image you can import to Ps if you want to add filters like soft focus.........

Read up on Adobe Lightroom. A fantastic peice of software.

http://www.inside-lightroom.com/

Most reactions

Back