New with a tight budget for sports kit

Hello.

I just bought the Canon 7D with EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens Kit for $1000. I've just checked and the shutter count has only 200 actuations like the seller said.
I think was a good deal because the camera and the lens are in perfect conditions and since I'm european I "needed" to buy from another european so I don't pay the Customs Duty.

Once again thanks for your help. :sexywink:

When you learn more about lenses, you'll see the variable aperture 18-135mm lens was a horrible idea. When shooting indoors, lens selection is almost equal to a high ISO camera body.

Hello.

I just bought the Canon 7D with EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens Kit for $1000. I've just checked and the shutter count has only 200 actuations like the seller said.
I think was a good deal because the camera and the lens are in perfect conditions and since I'm european I "needed" to buy from another european so I don't pay the Customs Duty.

Once again thanks for your help. :sexywink:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.. but yup, Tee basically nailed this one.

Pentax k3 - great ISO till 3200
the d700, omd-1, fuji xt...

You need one of two things: good high ISO body or a zoom 2.8 lens.. and a body good till 1600 Iso and a good framerate (50D?)
above i talked about the.cheaper option...

Avoid the mirror less bunch for sports photography. They can't track and focus fast enough. The d700 is decent but it doesn't have a fast frame rate.
Pentax is like throwing money away because once you move to the higher levels, it is a two horse race. There is only Canon and Nikon professional services at the large events.

Sports photography is very expensive. The 70-200/2.8 is often considered the entry level lens.

A used D7000 might be a good inexpensive start.

Most reactions

Back