New Years eve photography

keller

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well this year, I'm going to try getting some interesting photos from the celebrations in the big city during New Years eve. I'll be bringing just a small digital compact.

So does anyone have ideas about what I could take photos of? So far, I've come up with: Fireworks, some crowd scenes, any fights I come across, and possibly a few shots of the ambulances/police wagons that will be coming to arrest/rescue the partygoers. I can't think of any more, but I'm sure there must be some other interesting elements to snap.

keller said:
Well this year, I'm going to try getting some interesting photos from the celebrations in the big city during New Years eve. I'll be bringing just a small digital compact.

So does anyone have ideas about what I could take photos of? So far, I've come up with: Fireworks, some crowd scenes, any fights I come across, and possibly a few shots of the ambulances/police wagons that will be coming to arrest/rescue the partygoers. I can't think of any more, but I'm sure there must be some other interesting elements to snap.

drunk people
bored people
the crowd during the fireworks (everybody's looking up)
people eating
the damage afterwards
people in unusual places trying to get a view of the fireworks
normal locations turned hectic or full of crowds (ie: a few years back, i remember seeing the parking lot of a walgreens full of people in lawnchairs because it was the best place to view the fireworks, a weird image)

just a few

Photos of ambulances and fights are not for me. People, colors and a sense of the excitement. I think I will get some shots as well. My deal is much different. It will be 30 people, fireworks and a bonfire at our buds ranch.

Most reactions

Back