New York - attempts at "street photography"

3 and 4 are really interesting. interesting characters you caught there. :)

These are terrific photos. I enjoyed seeing them. Very nicely captured and it brought back memories, as I grew up in that section of Brooklyn. The first shot you took was taken in the East New York Section of Brooklyn. It isn't Chinatown or Queens. The giveaway is the street sign in the corner. My grandmother lived in that building on the corner of Cleveland St and New Lots Ave for many years in the 1940s and 50s.

Did you get permission from the people you shot or did you take the shots surreptitiously?

Did you get permission from the people you shot or did you take the shots surreptitiously?

I never talked to any of them. Those crossing the street never noticed anyone took their photo. The gangsters did notice, and one came wandering around the bus shelter where we were placed for those 20 minutes, and I guess my husband's bowels THEN at the very last started to weaken just a bit (;)), but he only ever looked through his half-closed eyes (it was the one in the white scarf) and shuffeled off again.

So yes, they were mainly taken surrepetitiously.

You hit a home run with that series. You did push the edge of safety in my mind.

Most reactions

Back