New Zealand Photos: Mt. Doom and Mordor

Upside down? I think you northern hemisphere persons have got it backwards :wink:
Cheers! :)
mcarthur.jpg

Say, did you actually go on the "Lord of the Rings" tour? I hear there are tours you can book that will take you to all or most of the locations where scenes from the movie were shot.

Yeah, there are tours you can take to go see the the Lord of Rings locations, but it would take about two months to go see all of them!

I just took a long weekend from auckland to go skiing at Ruapehu. I dropped by a few places like hobbiton which is in matamata (that was a bit of a disapointment, not much to see since they torn down most of the set - and charge a hefty fee). I mainly asked the locals at Whakapaka/Ruapehu where the locations where.

There is book here in nz that lists most of the locations but i couldn't find it on amazon.com. Its a pocket guide and though I've only thumbed through it, it seems pretty good. If i can get the info on the book, i could pm the details on to you if you'd like.

Cheers!

I think the DVD (Extended edition) lists most of the places (or the major ones anyway). It's on one of the "extras" disks

lovely photos. my only complaint would be that they all seem to have the subject pretty much centered (from left to right, not necessarily from top to bottom). viewed one by one it might not be as obvious to me, but since it's a grouping and i'm seeing them all at once i couldn't help but notice it. other than that, i enjoyed them very much. especially the last one with the clouds casting shadows on the water. beautiful. thanks for sharing. :D

Havoc said:
You Austrailans and New Zelanders, I just don't get you guys :). Walking upside down like that all the time, how do you keep your change from falling out? :wink:

HEHEHE

its all because there water flushes backwards!!!! geez.

Is it just me or is it everytime i see new zealand now(because of lotr) i just want to cry?

md

Most reactions

New Topics

Back