Newb from New Mexico

vic2003

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone, total photography beginner here from New Mexico. I’m 26 and just got my first DSLR, Nikon D510. My wife and I wanted one to take good photo’s from when we travel and our future family (we’re thinking about starting a family). I bought this camera knowing absolutely nothing about DSLR’s and the only training I have so far is from the web (you tube, this place, ect). I just wanted to introduce myself as I think I’ll be hanging out here somewhat often. These are some early photo’s I have taken using various auto and manual settings. I’m trying to learn ISO, aperture, and shutter speed.

LLHill7-23-11174.jpg

LLHill7-23-11053-1.jpg

LLHill7-23-11053.jpg

LLHill7-23-11060.jpg

test068.jpg

test072.jpg

You didn't ask for critique, but here's a quick tip with landscapes (first 3). Make sure you're horizons are level. Best to check before you hit the shutter but the good news is that it can be fixed in most photo editing software.

Hi and welcome to the site. That's a beautiful landscape and I like the position where the photos were taken. I'm just gonna suggest you one thing and let the experts C&C the rest. Seems like if the camera wasn't level with the horizon in all of them except the last one.My favorite #4 but just a bit ou of level.

Hi everyone, thanks for the crtiiques! I didn't even notice my photo's wern't leveled until you guys mentioned. Thanks, i'll have to watch my level next time i take photo's. This is exactallty the reason I joined this site!

tirediron, good link thank you. I have this bookmarked as it looks to be good reading/learning. Perfect for my study time.

Aside from not being level, they are beautiful pics! The color of the sky is amazing.

The sky is incredible in these. I've seen some fantastic landscapes form New Mexico, so you definitely have some great stuff to work with, and this is already a fantastic start! Welcome to the forum.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back