newb in need of help

serottak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have only taken pics with junkie $100 or less cameras. I'm enrolling in a photography class in the fall and I would like to get your advise on which camera would fit my needs best. I plan on taking mostly action shots (motorcyle racing). But I would also like to take all general family pics, and some outdoor pics. This might be too broad of a desription but I'm a newb, so what do you expect.

around $800

If you're serious about photography the Nikon D40 and Canon's equivalent (sorry Canon fans... XTi is it???) should be affordable at that price with a little love left over.

Just don't ask which camera is better ;)

if you're taking photography classes and plan on getting serious about photography then i would suggest the Canon 30D or the Nikon D200. i use the 30D and it's awesome. the only thing i like about those lower end dslr cameras is the price. i hate holding them, they're so tiny. to each their own though. people with smaller hands would love those cameras. the price is nice on them and if you're not getting to serious then it's perfect.

I have a Canon Rebel XT. Its an entry level dSLR and you should be able to pick one up for around $600 which should leave you some spending room for a nice lens after that!

I have big hands and I don't mind the small size of the XT or XTi bodies. I would love to have 30D but its just a little out of my price range.

I don't know much about Nikon. But from what I here the D40 and D50 are good cameras. And I wouldn't quote me on this but I believe the D40 isn't compatible with older Nikkor lenses.

Good luck in your search, hope my $.02 helps.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back