Newbie alert

andyg72

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello I'm new to the photography seen and I'm getting my first DSLR this week, but I can't seem to make up my mind.
It's between the Nikon D3100 and the D5100 and the D90, I've looked at Canons but the Nikons feel better in the hand, and I'm looking at an initial outlay between £400 to £650 which with 18-55mm lense kits all 3 cameras fall into.
Any advice would be great.
Tq

Personally I'd go with the D90 over the D3100 or D5100 simply because it's more versatile. You'd be able to use non-AF lenses, and you'd be able to use the pop-up flash as a commander for off-camera flashes, neither of which you could do with the other two cameras.

Of course, depending on the type of photography you plan on doing, those things may not matter.

I'm looking at landscapes and wildlife, but once I'm up and running hopefully anything.

I was told about the D90, but dies it mater that the iOS and the mp are lower.

I thought that being a newbie and learning to walk before i run, so with that i bought the D3100 and maybe in a couple off years when im used to things i will upgrade.

Thanks for your help, and i will be on here quite a bit so please bare with me.

Welcome to photography Andy. I have the D90 but I have heard good things about the D3100. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back