Newbie Camera Help

gti-guy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,
There are some great shots on this site...

I've recently made the switch from digi to film... I've sold my last digi cam (olympus c3020) in order to force myself to learn about film (i've wanted to for a while now)...
I grabbed an olympus OM-1 from a friend a little while ago and am baffled about how to use it as it is lacking all of the convenient menus that the digi had...
I'm not sure what the various controls on the body and lens are and how they function and would love some advice on how to use them...
I've got a tripod and there are 3 lens' that came with the camera...
One says 24mm, the other 50mm and the third 35mm...
I don't know much about film camera's in general, is this particular model a decent one to play around with?

I usually take pics of cars (stationary) at day and nighttime... With the digi i would just play around with the shutter until the pic turned out, but i'm not sure how I can properly judge exposure on this camera...

Also, what is the best type of film for me to purchase and is there any other advice that you guys have to offer a beginner?
Thanks in advance, I'd been searching through the forum for a while, but was unable to find much info on this type of camera... Thanks!
-Paul

hiya paul,
welcome here !

i own an OM. be glad to help you as i can.
a perfectly decent 35mm camera that one. :wink:
the 24mm for this type of cam, is my fave lens of any
i have yet owned ! (i have one for my pentax me-super)

anything you need to know about photography, you're in
very good company here with this forum - jump right in !

have fun!..//jack

Also check ou the FAQ stickied at the top of this section of the forum.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back