newbie first photo post c&c

pattavina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Let me know

knife.jpg

She looks too sweet to mean it. :D Now get her to roleplay a little bit, get a little psycho, get a little meanness in her, and then maybe her eyes and the way she holds that knife will be a little chilling.

My only suggestion is:
NEVER GIVE A WOMAN A KNIFE!! ;)

First let me say that IMO i think the girl is stunningly attractive. Second i do like the concept of the knife, I do agree with the other comments that the photo is a little out of focus and has a little too much noise. I must say that i like the photo and it is a very good first post IMO. I think your are off to a good start. I changed your picture a little using paint shop pro, I sharpened it just a little, ran some noise removal, and darkened the photo just a touch (personal preference only). Here is the edited version. Let me know if you want me to remove it.
knife2.jpg

Let me know
The image is very soft (did you want it to be soft?) and I don't like the lighting...too much is lit up. I would have used a snoot or at least a gobo to control where the light went (my eyes keep going to the white chair and oven door in the background). The knife is almost lost in the picture because of the angle she's holding it...it didn't catch enough light. And she's not holding the knife in a menacing manner either. Put some ketchup on it.

I like the attempt, but it fell a little short. Keep trying.

Why do people always assume psychos have a crazed look? The subject's expression is actually quite accurate ... How many times do you hear of friends or neighbors of serial killers who say "He/she was so nice ... never had a problem with them." It is only in retrospect that "normal" people assert their own version of what a killer should look like.

Other than that, i assumed this was one photo in a cooking pictorial ... Quite benign -- never saw it as malevolent.

the picture looks great ! no changes required :)

I like the idea. I think I prefer the edited version, but it's still a bit too soft to me.

wow so many good post on this, I do like the edit by tradeforcash it was taken during a sort of domestic kitchen series. the idea popped in my head. I wanted it to be playfully menacing not frightening, leaving you with an un-easy feeling. I agree with the knife needing more light. I guess the inspiration if grown out of movies like "serial mom", or "Drowning Mona". I guess i dont know much about editing systems, i have photoshop cs2 and have limited knowledge on how to use it. So anyone that has any tip always welcome. and cause i am new I don't know what all the abbreviations mean so also any clarification is welcome. thanks every one

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back