Newbie from Arkansas, going to need alot of suggestions! :)

Free_as_me

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi from Texarkana, Arkansas! My name is Michelle and photography has always been a really big passion of mine. Having four kids and 29 kind of slows down the passion into taking photos at games and school plays only and hopefully when I get a few minutes to sit down. I've made a decision a week ago that I'm truly going to seek this goal out and make it happen! I'm here because I'm searching online schools, tutoring, mentoring, and I'm even going to get a new camera soon and place it on a payment plan.

So, with that being said....please help!!! I'll explain it this way - I use a Kodak Easyshare you guys - yes, BORING. I know in my mind what I WANT, accomplishing it with that boring camera is like getting blood out of a turnip. My camera phone is better than that! :lol: My goals:

1. Taking all online courses at local college for photoshop elements currently 7.0
2. Need suggestions on an SLR. Why is everyone that I talk too tell me to get an SLR? What the heck is the difference?
3. Of course, I'm checking out Oklahoma School of photography, which is 10k!!!!! For online! not sure I can stretch it THAT far!
4. Going to take extra courses for photography like photographing people, kids, babies and secrets to photographers, etc.

I'd really like to expand this - any help please!!

Thanks!
Michelle

Hi Michelle,

Welcome from Deer Park, Texas. I am new, too!!! You can learn much on these forums and you will be chatting with people who love the same thing you do. Count on me to answer any questions (that I can) you have.

You ask why DSLR? Take a look at some of the images that people have posted on the forum and compare them to your own images. While yours might be really nice.... there will be a quality difference between images shot with point and shoot cameras and DSLRs. Equipment makes all the difference in the world. I have just uploaded my first set of photos to my gallery page. Please take a look and see what you think. These were all shot with a Canon 40D DSLR and a 24-70mm 2.8 lens.

I can tell you that we have a couple of small point and shoot Sony cameras that we use for convenience shooting... but for serious photography, we depend on the DSLR.

Again, Welcome.
Sincerely,
Ruth

Each one, Teach one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back