Newbie from Ottawa

zx3guy2000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey there!

I've been lurking here for a little bit now, and thought I would say HI (can't remember if I have done this already) !!!!

I'm from ottawa, Ontario, CAnada, and I am really just have a little hobby with photography that I want to take a little more seriously!

My current camera is a Pentax ZX-30 (35mm) with lenses:
Pentax 35-80 (standard)
Vivitar Series 1 - 19 - 35 1:3.5 - 4.5
Sigma 70 - 300 1: 4.5-5.6 (not really sure what those last numbers mean)

I have been pondering to move into the DSLR area, but with all the new cameras coming out, and not sure if my lenses would be a good match with a new one?

I am currently working on a little portfolio do get into some wedding/engagement photography, but still generally like taking pictures of sunsets, sports, cars and wildlife! I will post some pics in the appropriate thread!

Thanks

Tim

Welcome to the forum, Tim. There are film types and digital types here, so you'll find all you need.

Hi again, Tim (just "met" you in the Galleries), and welcome to ThePhotoForum once again.

Welcome to TPF!

zx3guy2000 said:
My current camera is a Pentax ZX-30 (35mm) with lenses:
Pentax 35-80 (standard)
Vivitar Series 1 - 19 - 35 1:3.5 - 4.5
Sigma 70 - 300 1: 4.5-5.6 (not really sure what those last numbers mean)

I have been pondering to move into the DSLR area, but with all the new cameras coming out, and not sure if my lenses would be a good match with a new one?

Hi Tim,

First, welcome to TPF, you'll love it here!

Now, if you already own the Pentax system listed above you shouldn't have any problems getting into a Pentax digital SLR. They came out with the K10D recently, beautiful camera and that will accept any lens made by Pentax, whether it was for digital SLRs or not.

Check it out.

Mitica100 said:
Hi Tim,

First, welcome to TPF, you'll love it here!

Now, if you already own the Pentax system listed above you shouldn't have any problems getting into a Pentax digital SLR. They came out with the K10D recently, beautiful camera and that will accept any lens made by Pentax, whether it was for digital SLRs or not.

Check it out.

I have been looking at the K10D, but not really sure if I need that one or if I can get by with the K100D. And the other question was about the lenses that I currently have, whether or not if they are good enough, or should I get rid of them and upgrade to some pentax lenses! That is my dilema! Oh and I don't think the K10D is out yet here, I'm still waiting to get my hands on it.....

Most reactions

Back