Newbie from south yorkshire, england

szoke91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
after hours of reading this forum ive decided to join, im Rob, 18 from South yorkshire, England. ive allways been into take photos (mostly of railways/model railways and cars) and ive finally started to saving up for a dslr as the camera i have at the moment is a rubish point and shoot. i will have a budget off about £350 to £400 ($580 to $666).

thanks, Rob

Welcome, do you have any idea of what kind of DSLR you are looking for? I personally use Nikon but that is only a preference. I would recommends staying with Nikon or Cannon so that the lenses you purchase can be used down the road with camera upgrades. I am new to the forum as well but welcome none the less.

If you are going to do this as a serious I would recommend getting a decent camera (nikon or cannon) and spend what you can afford on the camera. Now that we are in the digital age the type of digital camera matters more than in the days of film but the quality of lenses (also called glass) is VITAL...

thanks again, heres a few pics that ive took on my point and shoot rubbish camera.

S5002315.jpg
S5002334.jpg
S5002339.jpg
S5002400.jpg
S5002294.jpg

Hi Mate,

I'm just up the road in Leeds.
I've got a Nikon D50 with an Nikon 18-55mm lens for sale if you want it. Very, very light use as I bought my D200 very soon after.

£250 + P&P

Then all you need to do is save up for the specific lens you need as this is where you should invest most of your money. There is no point in chasing more and more pixels if you are shooting through poor glass.
I have produced prints from this kit at 24 x 20" and they were very sharp.
Give me a shout if you are interested via the e-mail or telephone on my website.

Jonny

ADVICE; the best camera is the one you can afford; add lenses, CF cards, bag, software editing, printer, photo paper, ink and time; The sky is the limit

Nikon Fan here.

Welcome, I'm a noob myself, but I bleed for Nikon, as other have said, get a nice camera and then get the GLASS.

Most reactions

Back