Newbie - getting to grips with it!

GeekSquad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got my Canon XS at the weekend and have been trying to get to grips with it. DSLR photography is new to me so, like many, I'm learning as I go along. Here's a couple from earlier today, any feedback appreciated.

This was shot with the 75 - 300mm lens at full stretch, hand held. I couldn't get any closer as my frogs bolt quickly!!

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

Please be gentle with me! :)

welcome:) great shots like the first one

Welcome to the forum and the world of DSLR.
First thing I want to say is the foreground bokeh you got going on in #1. Try and get over top of that it doesn't look like a hard obstacle. #2 however is a little better again foreground stuff making it a bit distracting for my liking. Keep at it and looking forward to seeing more of your photos.

Welcome to the forum and the world of DSLR.
First thing I want to say is the foreground bokeh you got going on in #1. Try and get over top of that it doesn't look like a hard obstacle. #2 however is a little better again foreground stuff making it a bit distracting for my liking. Keep at it and looking forward to seeing more of your photos.

Thanks for the feedback. Need to get in the habit of looking what will be captured in the entire frame, not just the 'focal' point. If I'd have moved a foot or so to my left this wouldn't have happened.

Thanks again.

Oh I know what you mean don't worry haha right there with ya. Just saying you got a DSLR now so I mean taking multiple photos can sometimes be worth it. After you have taken about 15-20 shots of the same thing. You can pop them on your computer and have at er.

Get your subject off center. Learn how to center and recompose using that middle focus point.

add some more color pop, more grit to the rocks. but thats just my personal taste when it comes to nature and architecture

Most reactions

New Topics

Back