Newbie having issues with lens on fujifilm? Help please.

emd_10

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While my Fujifilm S700 isnt the most expensive camera in the world, I love it, and I love taking photos! My husband bought me a 0.5 wide angle lens and Im getting a dark shadow at the bottom, can I do anything to prevent that?

Without lense
DSCF8886.jpg

With lens
DSCF8952.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

I guessing this only happens when you use flash? My guess is that the lens accessory is partially blocking the flash, which is why it's a circular pattern at the bottom of the image.

Ive tried without the flash, if it doesnt flash its incredibly blurry. What would be causing that?

Thanks for the welcome. Forgive me if my questions are stupid, im still very new at this.

Ive tried without the flash, if it doesnt flash its incredibly blurry. What would be causing that?

Yes, the dark spot is the shadow of the add-on lens.

And that is the limitation of the camera I believe. It need flash for low light situation. But the add-on is too long for the build-in camera flash.

So looks like add-on lens and the flash cannot be use together.

The cause of your blurry shots, is a slow shutter speed. A slow shutter speed is often required when there isn't enough light. When the flash is used, it freezes the motion, so you don't get the blur...but since the flash is so close to the camera, you get flat light, which isn't very nice.

So looks like add-on lens and the flash cannot be use together.
It's not so bad...it's only on the very bottom of the image. Might not be an issue for many shots and it can always be cropped out.

Also the quality of the add-on lens doesn't seem to be good.

A lot of Chromatic Aberrations (CAs)

It's not so bad...it's only on the very bottom of the image. Might not be an issue for many shots and it can always be cropped out.

I guess yes. The bottom of photo can be cropped out :)

Thanks for the advice. If anyone wants to reccomend any other good lenses compatible with my camera, I love taking close ups. :D

It doesnt seem to be leaving the shadow outside even with the flash going off, so looks like that will be its main purpose.

It doesnt seem to be leaving the shadow outside even with the flash going off, so looks like that will be its main purpose.
The flash probably doesn't register very much when outdoors, unless it's dark out.

For the most part, I don't like the idea of those 'lens adapters' for cameras like yours. The quality usually isn't great, so it hurts the image. The wide angle adapter is OK, because it it gives you something that you can't otherwise get...but I'd forget about anything else...well maybe a polarizing filter.

Ill look into a polarizing filter. Eventually i'll probably get a more expensive camera, but for now this one is great. Im happy with the picture quality, and not overly stressed if dropped while chasing around my walking tornado little guy.

Thanks for the advice. :)

Using the flash outside is a little bit like putting a match to a house fire :). Natural daylight is much more powerful than the flash, so the photograph will be coming from the natural daylight, rather than the flash's light. Indoors, however, it is much, much darker, so the light comes almost entirely from the flash.

I am afraid that I can't think of an option of how to use this wide-angle adaptor with a flash. Personally, I would just stick to using it outdoors.

This is caused by the pop up flash. The reason is because when you use a adapter lens, is further to the front causing this shadow. This problem also happens with the lens Nikkor 17-55mm and the pop up flash, because of the hood. Also remember that this is an adapter in front of the lens, depending on the position of the integrated lens inside, this may cause a small vignette.

Most reactions

Back