Newbie here! First pics that I'm pleased with...

britneyt83

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are the first few pics that I've taken that I'm fairly pleased with :blushing: Kinda iffy on the christmas tree. Any critiques/advice welcome! :thumbup:
$DSC_0072.JPG
ISO 250 Shutter speed 2.0 Aperture 5
$CSC_0077.jpg
250 1/2 3.8
$CSC_0030.JPG
200 1/4 4.8

Britney
keep trying. In the first one the color is washed out; probably due to overexposure. Also not in sharp focus. 2nd one is ok but still not in sharp focus. Exposure on the dog is pretty good but still not sharp. I see that you are shooting these at shutter speeds of 2 seconds, 1/2 second, and 1/4 second. I'm assuming you are shooting this with a hand-held camera(not on a tripod). There is no way to hold a camera steady for sharp focus at those shutter speeds. 1/60th would be the minimum if you are just starting out. 1/125th would be better for hand-held shots. You probably should have used a higher ISO or used a flash. I have a feeling that your white balance may be off also.
I'm not trying to be critical of your shots; everyone has to learn this stuff at some point. Don't be discouraged; consult your camera's user manual and see what you could have done differently to make these pictures better. By the way,what camera are you using ?

Britney
keep trying. In the first one the color is washed out; probably due to overexposure. Also not in sharp focus. 2nd one is ok but still not in sharp focus. Exposure on the dog is pretty good but still not sharp. I see that you are shooting these at shutter speeds of 2 seconds, 1/2 second, and 1/4 second. I'm assuming you are shooting this with a hand-held camera(not on a tripod). There is no way to hold a camera steady for sharp focus at those shutter speeds. 1/60th would be the minimum if you are just starting out. 1/125th would be better for hand-held shots. You probably should have used a higher ISO or used a flash. I have a feeling that your white balance may be off also.
I'm not trying to be critical of your shots; everyone has to learn this stuff at some point. Don't be discouraged; consult your camera's user manual and see what you could have done differently to make these pictures better. By the way,what camera are you using ?
Not discouraged at all. That's just the feedback I was looking for. Thank you!
I'm using the Nikon D5100.

Most reactions

Back