Newbie, Here I go...composition feedback

ShmoozyQ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone. I've been lurking for quite some time and decided it's time to come out of the woodwork and get some feedback.

I photographed this wagon wheel late in the day. I was trying to get a more interesting perspective and composition on it, but I'm not sure if I got it or not. My focus was a bit off. These are SOOC with no PP.

4904444259_0c2712dafb.jpg

4905027646_c8212571ae.jpg

3. And a full scene snapshot for more of an idea of what I was working around. Feedback for different angles I could have used is always appreciated.

4904437713_1c0f5518f4_z.jpg

Thoughts and suggestions? Edits are OK.

Of the three, the first is the one I prefer. I would like to see it opened up a bit however, as it's cropped too tightly IMO. I would also suggest trying longer glass and a larger aperture (smaller f#) if possible, to reduce the sharpness of focus on the wire fencing behind the wheel. This could also be removed in post, which improve the image greatly.

From a technical standpoint, why a 1/2000 shutter-speed and ISO 400? You could have reduced to ISO 200 and 1/1000/sec would still have been more than fast enough.

Just my $00.02 worth. Your mileage may vary.

~John

Thanks for the suggestions!

My lens is the d90 kit 18-105, and for this shot it was as far out and as wide as I could get it. I'll try to soften up the background fence a bit as you've mentioned and see how I do.

I was messing around with ISO settings previously in a darker setting and left it at 400 - thanks for the reminder to keep an eye on that.

Perhaps I'll revisit the site and work at it a bit more. Thanks again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back