Newbie Here

Vivarant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
New to the forum and new to photography! My name is Veronica i'm a graphic designer. I design digital scrapbooking products so naturally i should learn how to take a photo or two.

And boy i gotta say it's way harder than i thought. I don't have any online albums yet. I started one at My Picture Town but alas i haven't uploaded one photo.

I do have a very quick vid i made on my blog. Eventually i'll get around to uploading the full size images.

I found this forum doing a google search for the nikon 18-200mm AF-S. Thanks to KenL i'll have that baby in my hands very shortly. I plan to be lurking about trying to learn a thing or two. And hopefully meet a few photog buddies

Veronica

welcome to the forum! Keep in mind, some people can be abrasive when commenting on photos. It's usually not meant to be mean, its just brutally honest lol.

what gear do you shoot with?

lol i've seen some of those abrasive comments. oh well i can handle (i think ;))

I'm using Nikon D40x maybe once i get a clue i'll upgrade someday. I'm using the kit lense 18 - mm AF-S and i have a 70-300mm AF but i rarely use it because i am not good at manually focusing. So thats why i got the 70 - 200 AF-S. Can't wait to give it a try.

As soon as i upload some photos i'll post my link. And i know i need help so i'll take all cc to heart

hi ...i love doing scrapbooks

my mom loves scrapbooking lol LOVES it. I use a d40, so i can relate to your manual focus thing lol. I'm getting a d300s soon though (i hope) if you have any questions, feel free to pm me and I will try to help out. I'm not the most helpful in terms of knowledge but i try :)

hi ...i love doing scrapbooks
:lol: Who Doesn't??? Hi Gagey

my mom loves scrapbooking lol LOVES it. I use a d40, so i can relate to your manual focus thing lol. I'm getting a d300s soon though (i hope) if you have any questions, feel free to pm me and I will try to help out. I'm not the most helpful in terms of knowledge but i try :)

:lol: tell your mom i said HI from one scrapper to another!

And sure i have a ton of questions hope i dont get on your nerves! I was thinking of selling that lense but maybe i'll keep it just in case i ever learn how to work it

you wont bother me lol. Manual focus can be tough at first, but once you do it for a bit, its not so bad. Shooting film deff helps with that lol. what kind of photography do you want to do?

hmmm i haven't really decided yet i like nature, macro, abstract and pretty much anything interesting. I'd also like to get really good at taking textures for stock

Most reactions

Back