Newbie Here..

87MCProstar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I just recently found the forum and now very excited about increasing abilities with my D5000 we purchased last summer. I'm very new to the photography game and looking to improve skills. I'll attach some of the recent pictures to get feedback of how they look.
_DSC3064.jpg
_DSC1907.jpg
_DSC2988.jpg

Hello :)

Me too, just found it today. I needed an answer to a question I had but I really like this forum so far :)

I have a little camera which isn't really that good I don't think but I want to get a new camera, just no idea which one?
Anyway, hope you're well and I look forward to seeing your photo's :)

Welcome aboard.

For future reference, it helps if you number your photos when you put more than two up for comments & critique.

The first one looks a little hazy to me. Might be lens flare, might be air quality...hard to tell. I'd suggest using a circular polarizing filter for shots like this. With a polarizing filter, you could probably reduce that haze, but you could also take most of the glare off of the water and/or make the foliage look more saturated and/or make the sky a deeper, darker blue.

#2. Nice use of a shallow depth of field, but it's quite under exposed.

Welcome to TPF. To me, seems like #3 has the most potential...except the top of pooch's head is cut off and the horizon slants to his mouth.

Keep shooting!

Welcome to TPF~~~I'm new here too ^^

Welcome to the forum,

You don't have your image-edit profile preference set so I'm going to assume it's OK;

scaled.php

My wife grows cleome like that -- amazing flowers.

Your photo is way too blue and way too flat. Your camera's white balance was set to auto which explains the blue. You'll want to look into learning to change WB presets on your camera and even setting a custom WB which your camera can do.

The way too flat is your camera's EXPEED image processor. It's impossible to engineer image processing software to always get it right -- they'd do it if they could. So you have to expect mixed results if you rely on the camera's software. Depending on the characteristics of the scene you'll get some pretty good ones and occasionally some like this. If you hang around here you'll eventually encounter posts where folks talk about shooting RAW. This photo is an example of one reason they do it.

Joe

Hi, I'm a Newbie also. I haven't done much photography in years except for quick ebay pics. I just bought a new Canon S3 IS camera that takes a SD card or a MMC. Is this the same thing as a HCSD card? Apparently this model takes a lot of "ram so to speak" to do both stills and video so I would like to buy a larger card than 16 gb so I was going to buy a 32 gb but I don't see any listed as just SD. Can anybody clarify as to this? Does the Class the card is in make a difference? Thanks for the answers in advance.

Hi, I'm a Newbie also. I haven't done much photography in years except for quick ebay pics. I just bought a new Canon S3 IS camera that takes a SD card or a MMC. Is this the same thing as a HCSD card? Apparently this model takes a lot of "ram so to speak" to do both stills and video so I would like to buy a larger card than 16 gb so I was going to buy a 32 gb but I don't see any listed as just SD. Can anybody clarify as to this? Does the Class the card is in make a difference? Thanks for the answers in advance.

Welcome to TPF! Unfortunately, as a Nikon guy, I can't weigh in on your new question. You may want to post your new question as a new thread on the forum (I'm sure you didn't mean to hijack OP's request for C&C ;)).

Most reactions

Back