Newbie Here

kgildea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Aside from some photography classes in High School i'm a newbie and in the market for a camera. I'm sure similar threads have already been started but WHAT DO I GET? I've done some research and digging on different cameras for beginners but i've overwhelmed myself so would love to get some input from you guys. I'm not looking to spend more than $400 so looking for a good budget friendly beginner camera yet gives good results and I can advance with.

Best cheapest modern camera is Nikon D3200 still I think it might be slightly above your budget.
Personally I wouldn't buy anything new bellow this camera.
Good luck.

A good little camera is a Sony RX100. If you want more zoom,
The Panasonic FZ200. It has a small sensor, but it takes good
pics in daylight and it has all the advanced features you need.
Rudi

the RX100 is above his budget.
My first "serious" camera was the Canon Powershot G5. That was good for 3 years of shooting before I upgraded to a DSLR.
The FZ200 would be a fun way to start.

Nikon D3100 is around $250-$300 used with a 18-55 kit lens. Leaves you with some extra dough to pick up a 35 1.8G DX. I think it's a good camera, especially for starting out and on a budget.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I am looking to get a DSLR camera. I have looked into the Nikon D3200 and D3300. So I may go with one of those and spend some extra $$$

That's a smart way to go. With the 3200 or 5200 (or newer), you get the advantage of the newer aps-c sensors. The extra bit of performance, especially at slightly higher iso, is really noticeable between the 3200/3300 and the 3100.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back