Newbie Introduction & Golden Pavillion

K_Duffer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just wanted to introduce myself to you all. I've been doing photography as a casual hobby for years. I shot mostly film in the past (although I've had various P&S digitals in the past. I just purchased a Nikon d70 (since prices on these have come down so much, it was hard to resist).

Anyway, I happened to come to this newsgroup and have enjoyed all the pictures that everyone has posted. I look forward to posting and contributing to this great group.

Anyway, to start it off, here's a picture of the Golden Pavillion that I took last winter while visiting Kyoto, Japan. I hope you enjoy it.

0005073-R1-6A.jpg

Welcome to TPF, "K", or should I say "Duffer"?
Thanks for introducing yourself with such a pretty picture - very exotic to my eyes. I think I will always enjoy photos from Japan. Wish my sister would finally make up her mind and come back and post some of hers...

It was my first time in Japan and it was wonderful.

The Golden Pavillion is actually made of gold! The picture lost a lot of its saturation when I uploaded it (the hosting site automatically reduced the size of the picture), but it is so brilliant in color. Anyway, afterwards, we went to the Silver Pavillion. I was expecting to see this extraordinary pavillion in all silver, but it turns out it wasn't actually made of silver. They just call it the silver pavillion.

Actually, this is probably the best time to go as it is cherry blossom season (maybe it's already past). One good thing about going in winter was that none of the temples and shrines were at all crowded. I heard that during spring and fall there are usually long lines of people.

Great shot. Welcome to the forum

WoW.. This is a great shot.. I really loved it, and the colors, it's just amazing.. :)

Welcome to TPF, I'm sure you will be sucked into the forum like the rest of us :) Great shot and looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers,

Eric

Most reactions

Back