Newbie looking for advice

momofmany

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade my camera and would like to know what others would recommend.
Right now my main camera is a Nikon D60 with the kit lens (18-55) and also a 55-200. My 2 teens are using it for school and will be keeping the body and kit lens. I shoot pictures of my kids and family activities, nature scenes, historic homes, abandoned farms and whatever else I'm drawn to. Would like to start exhibiting in some local shows. What do you recommend for $2000 budget?

I

In the 2000$ I would give you 2 options and I will tell you what I would choose.

1.Nikon D7000, this camera is an amazing croped sensor camera which I personaly own, it should be replaced in few months and is sold right now for excellent price, you will be able to buy it with few lenses and still have money back from 2000$.

2.Nikon D600 its a full frame camera, one level above the D7000. With some search you can get this camera for around 2000$ with its basic lens. This is an amazing camera but obviously more expsnive.

I would go with the D600, its my dream camera but sadly I simply couldnt afford it.
The D7000 is not a bad choice, actualy its not a bad choice at all I am super happy with mine and it really all you need for all occasions and even more then that.

Thats my 2 cents, good luck!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back