Newbie, needing advice... picture heavy too lol ooops

misscrosson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone... Just recently I've become interested in photography but realize I know nothing about it... lol.. currently I have two crappy digital cameras... a powershot a430 and a410 ... nothing special about these cameras lol

I'm interested in upgrading as I believe this will really help myself with getting more experienced.... hmm... any idea on a great digital camera that would help myself in getting more experience??

I have no previous experience, such as classes or anything.. lol... all I know is how to click a camera... hahahah... anyways, here's some pictures I've taken... lemme know what you all think...

IMG_3810.jpg

IMG_3714.jpg

IMG_36811.jpg

Dixieshot2.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

IMG_2725.jpg

micheal.jpg

mikeblackwhite.jpg

puppies67.jpg

new1-1.jpg

mike3.jpg

IMG_3324.jpg

YIKES!!! SORRY FOR THE LARGE PICTURES... OOOOPS... :blulsh2::blulsh2::blulsh2::blulsh2:

Welcome to the forum.

If you want to take your photography skills to the next level, I would recommend some good books before a new camera...or maybe a class. Knowledge will go farther than new equipment.

That being said, a good camera won't hold you back, like your digi-cams might. I suggest considering a Digital SLR camera. The top entry level models are the Canon Rebel XTi, the Nikon D40, the Pentax K100D, the Sony Alpha etc. Any of those would be good choices. I suggest going into a store and hold the different models...see which one feels best to you.

Class is impossible unless I went to college for it, but that's not possible either as I'm already in distance learning... as I live in the middle of no where honestly lol...

Hmm... what are some great books that can be read?

There are plenty of good books. One that gets recommended a lot is '[ame="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/asin/0817463003/ref=nosim/tirebouchon-20"]Understanding Exposure[/ame]'.
There are plenty of books by [ame="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b/102-3408259-6615336?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=John+Hedgecoe&Go.x=13&Go.y=10&Go=Go"]John Hedgecoe[/ame]

I wish I had read some books BEFORE getting the camera. I just now feel like I am starting to "get" things.
I like that second to last picture :)

Most reactions

Back