newbie playing with lights

kodakan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello peeps! I'm new to the forum and a new recruit to this dslr craze hoping to learn and improve my craft by joining you, the elites! So, to start off, I created myself one of those DIY lightboxes and lo and behold a few shots that I took with it. They are posted to be criticized so feel free to voice your criticisms and suggestions. I can't seem to really get the background into white no matter how bright my box is. Tweaking the aperture,exposure and ISO does not cut it either. They always come out as grayish so I use photoshop to fix them.

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

I really like the first one apart from the colors a little too flat for me. The background on the second one is a little too white that it looks a little fake to me. Maybe it's the lack of shadow or something haha. Last one has a little too much blank space in my opinion.

I think I will close down the aperture a little more to increase the depth of field so that the entire subject is in focus.

all your comments really makes sense. thanks! back to the experiment room.

Any suggestions on how to make the colors more vivid/vibrant?

You can play with the color saturation during pro-proessing.

Just curious...do you eat those sardines?? Ew!

I agree, more DOF so the whole subject is in focus.

Just curious...do you eat those sardines?? Ew!

No they are for facial massages :mrgreen: What do you think people do with sardines?

Thanks for the comment.

With Sardines in CHILLI sauce? hum ...

Most reactions

Back