Newbie taking the plunge...C&C please

gigi24

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been reading here for a few weeks now, trying to learn as much as possible, so I figure it's about time I post a few pictures for some C&C.

Sleeping Freckled Beauty by lagigi24, on Flickr

Spring is on it's way... by lagigi24, on Flickr

Untitled by lagigi24, on Flickr

The first one is of my daughter (I know a lot of people say to not post pictures of their kids, but I can take the criticism of the picture and not take it personally). Is there any way I can bring out her freckles? How is the composition of the picture?

The second picture I saw while at the park and I really just loved the look of the buds starting to bloom.

The last picture...is there too much of the skyline in there, should I crop it? (I posted all of these on my facebook account and unfortunately had a friend start posting them as her own and taking the credit...hence the watermark...I feel so lame doing that, but I just felt rather burned after it happened).

Any and all C&C would be greatly appreciated!

1. Is that a cut on her cheek? Clone it out if it is.

2. Only thing I see 'wrong' is the stalk in the top left.

3. Nice!

wow your friend was stealing your photos and saying they where hers??? LMAO! Did she not think you would see them? Tooooo funny..

1. I love it! I love it! IMO the composition is great. I agree with 480sparky as well clone out the cut.

2. Is alright. Nice clearity. and back ground is nice as well. I might have tighten up the shot a bit.

3. Love the color in this. Very nice shot. There might be a touch to much sky but hmmm Im just not sure.. see what others say... LMAO.

Great job!

Last edited:
1. Is that a cut on her cheek? Clone it out if it is.

2. Only thing I see 'wrong' is the stalk in the top left.

3. Nice!

Thank you!

I will clone out the scratch on her face, it would look much better without it.

wow your friend was stealing your photos and saying they where hers??? LMAO! Did she not think you would see them? Tooooo funny..

1. I love it! I love it! IMO the composition is great. I agree with 480sparky as well clone out the cut.

2. Is alright. Nice clearity. and back ground is nice as well. I might have tighten up the shot a bit.

3. Love this color in this. Very nice shot. There might be a touch to much sky but hmmm Im just not sure.. see what others say... LMAO.

Great job!

My internet was down for a few weeks and it was during this time frame they tried to post it as their own...my sister called to let me know about it. Some people.....

#1. I actually don't mind the cut on the cheek, It shows a kid that plays, and kids get bumps, bruises, cuts. My eye is not drawn to it, but it ads something to the photo that makes me think, how did this happen? and I get reminded of my childhood getting scraped by branches and such. I say leave it,

#2. no comment (not my type of photography)

#3. I think it looks fine as is. the sky is your subject here so no need to crop any of it out

I agree with Rockstar, I think the cut adds to the story, and shows a kid who gets bumps and scratches just being a kid. I really like the sky as it is in number 3, beautiful!

I think the scratch is a bit of a distraction. I find it keeps drawing my eyes away from the important stuff like the eyes and face. I'd suggest at least making it stand out a little less to improve it.

Really nice shots gigi24. Well done!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back