Newbie to Photography Needs Help

anissa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone,

I'm so glad I found this place. I've been interested in photography for a very long time and have only used P&S cameras with pretty good results. I've recently purchased my first SLR a Nikon D80 with a 50mm 1.4 and a 55-200mm-VR lens. Anyone here take any online classes that your would recommend or class room lessons in the Washington DC area that you think a beginner would benefit from. I need all the help I can get. All advice is welcome.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

Community colleges are usually great places to take classes, I'm not sure what's in your area.

As for on-line classes...there are several to choose from...but you need to be inclined to that sort of learning, otherwise they are often of little value.

I would suggest getting some books. I would even look into getting some older books from your library. The basics of photography are applicable to both film and digital, so you shouldn't worry about reading older (film era) books.

Once you have a done some reading and have a good base of knowledge, this forum is a great place to ask questions about things that you are unsure of or just interested in.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back