Newbie up for critique

Danuta

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I used come here quite often but have rediscovered the forum just recently. This picture is from a trip I took in April to Tangier, Morocco, and I would really appreciate a good honest critique. Should I do some cropping maybe, or play with the colors? I'm not sure if I've got the color of the sky quite right, but I think it works with the hues of the walls. Anyways, critique away.

Tangier2006_04_19-12_58_221.JPG

I like the angle of the shot. I would definetly crop the top of the image out. Maybe just above the "Cafe" sign. There's nothing in the top of the photo that adds to the image. Exposure looks good and the lines are good.

Excellent shot.

What was it you were trying to convey with this picture?

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried cropping out the top but I've decided that the blue of the sky adds to the photo so I left a little of it. Here are the two versions I tried. Personally I think the first one better illustrates depth, and emphasizes the fact that the passage is so much larger than the children and it's a shortcut leading to a place open for our imagination. The second one is probably more conventional, (which may be better) but I would really like imput. Anyways, here are my attempts at cropping.

Tangiercut2006_04_19-12_58_22.JPG

Tangiercut22006_04_19-12_58_22.JPG

P.S. How do I post images strait into the thread?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back