Newbie with new site

JJones

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone, I have just launched my website and would welcome any constructive critiques. (good and bad). I mostly do nature photography and plan on hitting the art show circuit next year. The reason I have a website is so I have a place to send customers that can't buy at the shows but may wish to buy later. I really don't expect to sell a lot just from having the website up. It is not complete yet but off to a good start. Still needs some work but would like to know what you think so far.

http://nature-photography.co

First of all, your images are fantastic. I love the southwest series.

Layout: I'm distracted by the google ads.

Typos, spelling, grammar:
1. [In the logo] Sunset to susnet.... sunset
2. When all the element's. Take out the apostrophe. (Element's = possessive; Elements = plural)
3. "... shining throrugh a crevice. "through"
4. "a ray of light shining throrugh a crevice down into a canyon to show off the sculpted walls the wind and running waters have carved out of sandstone, or the ocean spray as the waves crash against the rocky shore, the scene before you becomes magical and surreal" I know what you're trying to say, but this is awkward.
5. when your out. "you're"

To be honest, for me it's a lot of reading that I would otherwise overlook. How about simply: "This site is a culmination of Fine Art Nature Photography as seen through my lens over several years of seeking the right location in nature at the right time. It is my hope that I can bring you to the nature scenes and wildlife I have been fortunate enough to see through nature photography.

All said, the images are fantastic.

Hi Ronda,

Thank you for the wonderful critique. While I do know how to spell and use correct grammar, I am terrible at proof reading. That was a great help and I have since corrected what you suggested. I also agree that it is a lot of reading. However, in order to gain any kind of decent placement in google, web sites need content. Having enough content on a photography site is very difficult and I felt that I needed to have that content on the first page rather than on pages with the photos. I appreciate your comments on it and I will have to consider a revision while still having enough content to be picked up by the search engines.

Many thanks,
Jeff

I can dig it. Writing and proofing exhausts different energy reserves for me. I can do one or the other, but not both equally well at the same time. I was just showing my roommate your pictures. Got to plan a trip to Arizona! Again, remarkable work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back