StormyLotus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, I've been lurking in the forums tying to learn the basics of DSLR. I got a Canon Rebel T3 two months ago and love it. I've been learning by experimenting and many many shots. I have always had point and shoot cameras but needed an upgrade as I take pictures of available animals at my local animal shelter for potential adopters.
Trying to learn the different lenses for different situations and filters makes my head spin! I'm definitely looking forward to getting some tips and learning as much as I can.

Here are some of the pictures I've gotten

$image-2793631698.jpg

A deer I spotted in the mountains on my hike last week

$image-2982267272.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out how to capture water. This location was hard because it was an underground stream that you could see through a break in a small cave.

$image-3457744801.jpg

Some moss I found, turned out darker than I expected, unfortunately it was on auto and I only took one picture.

$image-3742878819.jpg

A pretty small waterfall I found, wish the view was a little better though. I was being rushed since my hiking partner was getting bored of all my stops.

$image-266701547.jpg

Small stream I found a few weeks ago

Thanks all, I look forward to getting more involved!

Like the deer shot best. The fact that it doing somthing, add to most nature pics. Have fun and keep taking pics.

I like the deer shot and the waterfall shot best. I would add some post processing to the dear shot, perhaps increase contrast a bit. The deer seems like it blends into the background a bit so I'd try to adjust some colour saturation there maybe to make the deer pop a bit more.

The deer was my favorite too, I was trying to get a clear shot without startling it. I'll definitely try to edit it.

What Oldhippy said^ Nice start :)

Most reactions

Back