alecras234

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi I'm Ash, I'm 39 from North wales. I own a Canon Powershot S120 camera which i've had for a few years but I still don't understand what it does. I want to do macro Photography and get bokeh in my shots, how do i do this with the Canon S120 please? I can find the Macro function in the user guide. file:///D:/Downloads/PowerShot_S120_Camera_User_Guide_EN%20(1).pdf

Welcome aboard.
I can't help you with that particular camera but larger apertures, distance between the subject and background, and magnification will have an effect on the background being out of focus. If you can adjust the aperture, it will help.

Welcome. Not sure how much Bokeh with a point and shoot camera. But yours has full controls. You can try aperture control mode. And set the aperture to a small number (small numbers is larger opening inside the lens). Your camera also has a portrait mode which says it does it automatically. But I think you will have more luck learning aperture, shutter, and ISO and how they interact with each other. Lots of information on this sight on learning them.

Welcome to TPF.

Above is a great suggestion to begin to explore the controls of your camera. Find a subject i.e. doll head/e.g. etc. and while reading the manual, make adjustment to your camera to see what effect it will have on the image.

I've set the camera to AV mode, set it to f1.8 and i selected macro. Is this the correct setting to get bokek in my shots? The user guide for my camera which is a canon powershot s120, doesnt mention macro.

Most reactions

Back