Newbies images.

Oddbod

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Recently picked up a Sony A58 after not having any real cam for a good few years. Had been making do with the camera on my smart phones. So just after a bit of feed back on the images I've snapped the past week.

$DSC00343.jpg

$DSC00347.jpg

$DSC00372.jpg

$DSC00374.jpg

Cheers

Always great to see another sony user here amongst the sea of the"big two" first one is a little under exposed and would have liked to not have the clock top cropped. Two again under exposed but nice otherwise. Three not sure what I am looking at, gas station? Last one not bad but again would have been nice to pen the shutter a little longer. Keep shooting like to see more of your stuff

Cheers, the first 2 images where take quite late in the evening so lighting was very low. Third image are of gates to a local airfield, when you say 'pen the shutter' do you mean keep it open for longer ?

Cheers for the feed back.

Sny a58, a good camera that I think sometimes is not getting the respect it deserves, you will enjoy it a lot!

As for the pictures.
First one is ok, grainy and overall not very interesting to me but not bad.
3 and 4 had potential but are just too underexposed.
The third one is the one I liked and disliked the most, well composed without distraction but I cant stand graveyard pics, just gives me the shivers!!!

Keep shooting and sharing your pictures with us.

Cheers, the first 2 images where take quite late in the evening so lighting was very low. Third image are of gates to a local airfield, when you say 'pen the shutter' do you mean keep it open for longer ?

Cheers for the feed back.

Sorry I meant open typo

Welcome to TPF.

Love the grave marker with the face -- cool photo.

As others have noted they're a little on the dark side and would benefit from a little more exposure. You've used a method to post them that strips off the EXIF data and ICC profile. Without the EXIF data we don't know how your camera was set. Without the ICC profile the colors in your photo are undefined -- not a good idea.

I'm going to assume you had the camera white balance function set to auto. Here's the grave marker photo brightened a bit and with a correction for the camera's WB error.

Joe

$graves.jpg

Cheers for the replies, these shots where the first few I'd taken with my new camera, no excuse but still getting use to it all. Shots 1 and 2 where taken quite late at evening which I think explains the bad white balance, also inexperience with the camera.

Here are a few more I have taken today.

$DSC00686_ARW.jpg

Sony A58
1/80
f 5.0
Iso 100
DT 18-55mm

$DSC00673_ARW.jpg

Sony A58
1/125
f 5.6
Iso 100
DT 18-55mm

$DSC00693.jpg

Sony A58
1/125
f 8.0
Iso 100
DT 18-55mm

Cheers for the replies, these shots where the first few I'd taken with my new camera, no excuse but still getting use to it all. Shots 1 and 2 where taken quite late at evening which I think explains the bad white balance, also inexperience with the camera.

Here are a few more I have taken today.

View attachment 81641

Sony A58
1/80
f 5.0
Iso 100
DT 18-55mm

View attachment 81642

Sony A58
1/125
f 5.6
Iso 100
DT 18-55mm

View attachment 81643

Sony A58
1/125
f 8.0
Iso 100
DT 18-55mm

Blimey - 1 and 3 don't look like they were taken by the same photographer or the same camera.

Really like the upside down face that looks like a ships vessel.

Most reactions

Back