Newborn and Baby Photographers: What if I....

the urban photo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, guys!

This weekend I've been working on the project of making my own "Newborn Nest" posing beanbag.
I didn't want to pay $100+ dollars for something I could make at home.

If you are a newborn or baby photographer, you know that the right beanbag is your greatest tool (aside from your camera!) in the shoot.
The puck-shaped newborn posing beanbag has a diameter of 40" (a surface area big enough for 1 baby, twins, or triplets!) and a height of 12".

They are made out of brown, white, or red waterproof vinyl (to keep your newborn shoots clean!) so just wipe them down with a disinfectant spray if the baby has a mess. I made a handle on the side for easy transport and it is secured with industrial strength double velcro.

My question is... If I started making some of these at a competetive price.. would anyone be interested??

jq5m2t.jpg

I would be interested, how much?

Great idea. Depending on the price I think you'd have a good thing here.

PM when you have it ready, my wife works w/ kids...

Thanks

I definitely would depending on the price.

I've done several newborn shoots recently and use a beanbag a lot. I love the idea of vinyl for easier clean up, but yours looks a little stiff. Being able to mold the bean bag is crucial.

BTW, bought mine at Target for $30 or so, removable cotton cover, so would likely stick with that.

Most reactions

Back