Newborn and Toddler shots...

souljourney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first time posting around here in a while but I finally have a moment to share a couple of shots that I have taken recently.

All natural light on both kids. C&C on photos and PP welcome!

TIA!

2resize.jpg

3bwIIresize.jpg

seriousposeresize.jpg

noahresize.jpg

Excellent use of natural light. The highlights are a little blown in #3 but other than that, they are all great.

Thanks! I agree, #3 is definitely blown in the highlights but I just like it so much! = )

Excellent work! Focus and depth of field is gorgeous in the first 2. #3 is outstanding as far as composition goes, but if you shot in raw, I would try to see if you can save it from the blowout.

In any event, these are beautiful. Very well done!

NJ

Very nice! I agree too about the highlights and also notice it's a bit cool in skintone. Nice job!

Yeppers...I noticed the skin tones on #3, as well. Unfortunately, this one wasn't in RAW...it was an impromtu shoot with my son and I used the settings that were already set!

Thanks for the c&c!

I love the first and last. Gorgeous baby - I love that chin!

I have about 12w before I get to try out some newborn shots myself and I can't wait - I'll be looking for tips here in the meantime.

Wow look at that hair! My fav is the last one - nice job! I know how challenging it can be to work with only natural light, but you pretty much nailed it! :)
The only nitpick I would have it the blown out spots in #3. But it seems others have said this!

Wow...thanks for all of the kind words! I just love to work with natural light...it's my absolute favorite.

I am not really seeing the tension of a baby about to fall in #2 but we all definitely see things differently. It would be a little boring if we didn't!

~peace~

I absolutely adore the look of babies with hair sticking up! The first was my favorite.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back