Newborn cc and edit advice

Jhazard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First time newborn shoot, didn't turn out at all like I expected. Baby didn't want to sleep, I was nervous about handling someone else's baby and the light was awful! This is what I ended up with (already highly edited, and uploaded from phone so poor image quality) but I'm looking for advice as far as e
FB_IMG_1461180867413.jpg
FB_IMG_1461172629087.jpg
FB_IMG_1461180867413.jpg
FB_IMG_1461172629087.jpg
FB_IMG_1461172240299.jpg
xposure goes. Trying to get creamy baby skin in lightroom was hard! And I didn't want to edit out too much of the red birthmarks. I know I need work on posing and angles too, but this was a good learning experience. Any advice on editing?

Not bad photos... Especially because newborn pictures can be very frustrating lol. One reason I haven't dove into newborns is because you have to invest heavily in props, wraps, bags, accessories etc to really make the images stand out.

Editing isn't terrible. Only thing that obviously stands out to me is making sure you keep the whites white. It looks as if the white fur / flower on headband have a blue or gray tint to them.

You are much stronger than me, that is for sure lol

Probably better to let the parents do the positioning. If you aren't used to working with babies maybe this isn't for you.

My background (not photography related) is in early intervention working with babies and toddlers with delays, preemies, etc. Newborns should always have the head and neck supported. Some of what's out there regarding posing isn't always showing appropriate positioning. Even though an adult's hands/fingers may be photoshopped out, there still seem to be photos showing a lack of proper head support.

Also if you use blankets they need to be wrapped loosely around the baby's legs to allow movement. There are medical resources that show proper swaddling and how baby blankets should be used.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back