Newborn props (floors and backdrops mostly)

suzzie_stretch

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.suzziesphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anyone have any great online sources for purchasing "floor" and backdrops for newborn photos?

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=newborn+p … amp;zoom=1

this person has a really awesome setup - photoshoot ideas / Studio Space

this is sort of thing I'm thinking of, wooden floors and interesting textured and patterened backdrops.
and of course that dont break the bank?

I've got quite an arsenal of baskets, blankets, furs and such, but I'm finding when going to peoples homes, or even when they come to mine, if they don't have the "right" hardwood and blank wall, then it just doesnt happen!

Any help would be greatly appreciated
smile.png

I'd look at the Bad Sass backdrops and you will be inclined to visualize some good ideas.

Why would you want to have what every one else has? Instead of following the trend, get creative and start a new trend.

No one can tell which photographer took which newborn photos, because all the newborn photographers copy each other and use the same props, fake wood floors, and backdrops.

KmH said:
Why would you want to have what every one else has? Instead of following the trend, get creative and start a new trend.

No one can tell which photographer took which newborn photos, because all the newborn photographers copy each other and use the same props, fake wood floors, and backdrops.

Ummmmmm.. Ask the moms what they like ....first....but I do get your point.

Good points, the reason is that too many people with cameras have no imagination, it's easier to copy than it is to be original. It's what sets the real professionals apart from the weekend pretenders.

imagemaker46 said:
Good points, the reason is that too many people with cameras have no imagination, it's easier to copy than it is to be original. It's what sets the real professionals apart from the weekend pretenders.

Money makers are moneymakers. Just like any other to varying degrees.

I go to work. I get paid. I may make more or I may make less than others.

I love the look of it, and want to be able to produce something similar, and my moms want that as well, there aren't a lot of people here that are very good with newborns in my little area, so I want to be able to do the best I can, and its something I like.
Thanks George for the link, I'm afraid those may be slightly out of my price range!

I love the look of it, and want to be able to produce something similar, and my moms want that as well, there aren't a lot of people here that are very good with newborns in my little area, so I want to be able to do the best I can, and its something I like.
Thanks George for the link, I'm afraid those may be slightly out of my price range!

Keep an eye out and make sure you sign up with them, FB is a good place to do that too. They have amazing sales quite frequently. If nothing else you will get some links on their FB page to photogs that post and that have some really nice newborn ideas that you can use for your efforts. Good Luck!!!

If you can't afford those you must be doing it for free, they are not expensive

hmm...I wonder if you could just buy a little piece of wood laminant from home depot? then maybe glue it to some masonite? idk, never done it before. Good luck!

hmm...I wonder if you could just buy a little piece of wood laminant from home depot? then maybe glue it to some masonite? idk, never done it before. Good luck!

thats so simple! what an awesome idea!! that was sort of the ideas I was hoping for too, creative way to do things...Im fairly good at DIY, so I will look into that :D THANK YOU!

suzzie_stretch said:
thats so simple! what an awesome idea!! that was sort of the ideas I was hoping for too, creative way to do things...Im fairly good at DIY, so I will look into that :D THANK YOU!

Most solutions are very simple, then for your backdrop get some board and wallpaper it

Most reactions

Back