Newborn shoot c&c??

Shealyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Baby Zoey is 6 days old in these photos that I took on Friday. I'm still going through the first edit....but thought I would share a few anyway :D
4105175798_8bd268f8d7.jpg

4105156620_d2cc05b943.jpg

4105157220_d3af7d468d.jpg

BTW, there is a mom..I just haven't gone through those photos yet:wink:

ps....I totally realize the post is all over the place, I'm still feeling them out :)

I'll keep that in mind, thanks :)

Number 3 is my favorite. #2 looks over exposed to me. #1 is cool, but composition is weird. The exposure is perfect, but I feel like the kid is hanging over the abyss.

I agree with some of the comments in terms of exposure.

Always try and draw emphasis to the focus of the image, in this case the baby's face. If it were me, I'd burn in the hand and arm of dad in images 2 and 3 and that should help. At the moment they're a bit of a distraction.

You may also want to consider just popping a bit more life in the baby's eyes with a little lighten or dodge.

However the expressions are lovely and I'm sure your clients will be thrilled, that's the important thing!

I wish my daughter's newborn pictures turned out as nice as these! I really like them. I agree with some of the comments made.. But, I'm not a huge fan of using a lot of PS to edit newborns, I like looking at the true beauty of them... Plus, working with a 6 day old, is not the easiest! Nice work ;)

Thanks for the feedback all :) I did end up dialing back the exposure on the last two, much better now.
And most importantly the mom and dad were super happy with the photos :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back