Photos OK to edit
2F356BD2-AED0-466D-89FE-73084DC4034F.jpeg
9A782B2B-2579-4B9D-9723-245A91FDAAC0.jpeg
6EFF7264-8957-43A4-916E-C027554CE3D7.jpeg
My first go at a newborn session.

CC please.

Thanks
OG

Not bad for a first go. I like the concept of #1; it's not an idea I've seen before and it works well. I think however a little refinement so that the chin isn't blocked wouldn't have gone amiss. The second is a "classic" for this genre, I think having the father in long sleeves and some black cloth over the infant's feet would have eliminated the distortion which is causing them to look very long. The last feels just a touch hot, and if maybe a bit more DoF might not have gone amiss.

What a sweet baby! I love the idea behind #1 but I think you have too much of mom + dad's heads in the frame...also a "rule" of newborn work is to never shoot up the nose (same applies for #3). I feel like #3 is also way too bright and red. #2 is my favorite! Maybe just bump up the exposure a tiny bit. This is one of my fave poses to do with new dads :)

Not bad for a first go. I like the concept of #1; it's not an idea I've seen before and it works well.

Thanks for the great Cc, this forst shot almost ended the shoot! Not an easy one but worth it I thought.

Should I take the feet out if # 2?

I will take another peek in Lr at the exposure and redness of skin in 3.

Thanks for the help!
OG

What a sweet baby! I love the idea behind #1 but I think you have too much of mom + dad's heads in the frame...also a "rule" of newborn work is to never shoot up the nose (same applies for #3). I feel like #3 is also way too bright and red. #2 is my favorite! Maybe just bump up the exposure a tiny bit. This is one of my fave poses to do with new dads :)

Hi, thanks for the CC! Appreciated!!

The nose! Dang, last thing I was thinking about ;~)

I will look at the exposure again and redness as I want to print one as a gift for the family.

Thanks!
OG

A+++ for concept on the first, but agree with comments above on suggestions that would have improved it. On the second I doubt if Mom & Dad will notice the feet. With a few little tweaks, the last one will also be great.

Most reactions

Back