• Well... maybe you should try doing something else is some other business

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

look

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought I would post a link to a website, which is used as only example of work eventhough photography equipment and skills have been improved since time these photos were taken.

Basicly I want your opinion it is fit for advertisement as example of work? Or should I try to avoid showing these because they suffer from lower end equipment possibilities and skills?

Just in case you will find to express your opinion by voting, please do so!

Any of your thoughts are most appreciated!

Here is the site: Example work

And yes, please be impossibly straightforward - I will not take it emotionally :) I looking for the bare troth, so some even harsh words can turn out invaluable :)

I think it's a very nice presentation. Only crititcal thing I would offer is that several of the shots appear to be overexposed, complete loss of detail in some of the highlight areas. But, I like that you have a number of shots to look at and it follows the story of the day. The first version of my website included shots that I have since removed because as you point out, your skill and level of expertise improve with each shot that you do! I think starting a website is a great idea and that you are off to a very good start!

Your "newby" work looks better than a lot of stuff I've seen on wedding photog sites that claim lots of experience. I think you are on the right track.

AlisonPower said:
I think it's a very nice presentation. Only crititcal thing I would offer is that several of the shots appear to be overexposed, complete loss of detail in some of the highlight areas. But, I like that you have a number of shots to look at and it follows the story of the day. The first version of my website included shots that I have since removed because as you point out, your skill and level of expertise improve with each shot that you do! I think starting a website is a great idea and that you are off to a very good start!

Thank you! I did need some feedback from aside to better understand where I am standing.

And certainly, some parts of the pictures were terribly overexposed. Unfortunately it is the only wedding I have photographed and I do not have much choice what to include in my sample page. But I am optimistic about the future :)

I am just trying to give it a try to earn "on a side" and do not have referals and the weddings really gain momentum here only in July and August. So I have set up the page, submited an ad to local daily... and I'll see if it works and if people will choose my services. And if they do I may enjoy trying to catch those special moments and emotions that my new camera should allow much better.

ksmattfish said:
Your "newby" work looks better than a lot of stuff I've seen on wedding photog sites that claim lots of experience. I think you are on the right track.

Thank you very much for your kind words :) This gives me a hint as of where I am in this business.

To be honest, I saw a few such sites as well and was confused as they did look to me uninspiring, so to speak, and I anticipated better works (maybe it's just my taste) to match their presentation. And of course there are splendid outstanding sites with photos that are art of its own kind.

look said:
I am just trying to give it a try to earn "on a side" and do not have referals and the weddings really gain momentum here only in July and August. So I have set up the page, submited an ad to local daily... and I'll see if it works and if people will choose my services.

I get most of my biz from my website and word of mouth. Do a search for " [your town] wedding photographer ", and see what sites pop up at the top of the list. Often they will let you list with them for a reciprocal link.

Thanks for encouragement! I do hope both clients and I will enjoy their day :)

Thanks for comment, WSP :)

And, yes, you are right :)))) I used 2 programs to produce and watermark this page with pretty agressive sharpening and I did not want to spend too much time on it as my regular work dealine is pressing me.

Most reactions

Back