Newcomer from Oregon

seananguswatson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a student at Oregon State University studying Digital Arts. I've recently gotten into digital photography but am still very much a beginner. I entered the realm of photography through videography; I've been producing a fine arts based TV show through the university's media network.

I've yet to seriously take the chance to explore photography as it's own medium. I'm interested in landscape photography primarily but I don't have much show just yet. I'm working on getting some photos up here.

Welcome from Japan. You're in the right place if you want to start on landscape photos. The great NW gives some of the best countryside in the world to shoot. Head on over to the coast and start snapping!

Welcome from Japan. You're in the right place if you want to start on landscape photos. The great NW gives some of the best countryside in the world to shoot. Head on over to the coast and start snapping!

Certainly! I'm smack dab in the middle of the Willamette Valley. The coast range is 20 miles to the west, the Cascades are an hour to the east. It doesn't get much more scenic than that. I'm looking forward to this summer's round of backpacking and hiking trips now that I'll have a camera to take along.

I can't wait to get back to the NW. So much amazingness. The Olympic range, the Cascades, the coast, the Redwoods, the Gorge, Hell's Canyon, etc, etc, etc. You could fill a lifetime of exploring just Oregon, Washington, Idaho and still not be bored.

Welcome aboard...

Welcome from Sandy Oregon!
as for places to shoot, You are right near McKenzie River and near Lane County with the beautiful covered bridges!
We are in for some beautiful weather this weekend up through until about Tuesday next week, my best suggestion is to grab the camera, gas up the car and just follow the back roads around Corvallis and see what you see. there is some beautiful scenary down your way.

Most reactions

Back