Newport kites

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
For my first post after finally regaining access to the board, I decided that something light & airy was in order.

I was born in Newport, RI, but moved away when I was 6 months old. There was a natural curiousity about my birth place. My oldest son lives in the Boston area & we were there for a visit over Labor day. We spent one day in & around Newport. Neat place, but I'm not sure I could afford to live there.

These are from a beach front park.

newport_kites060904_04.jpg

newport_kites060904_05.jpg

newport_kites060904_06.jpg

newport_kites060904_07.jpg

newport_kites060904_09.jpg

Pretty neat subject. Are they three different kites?

Seems like the sky could use a bit more pop to me.

Yes, it's three kites that can be steered together, or individually by one person.

It was a bit hazy, though I could reprocess to darken/enhance the sky a bit. Thanks for the thought. :)

Wow you just gave me a great idea.Theres a field near me where they fly kites so will have to go shoot some one day.

Looks great seems like someone has drawn it insted because of the lines comming off the kites.

Hey Jim, this is a long-time-no-see!
You lost access to the forum?
Whoa! And I thought we had lost you!?!?
So good to see you back!
Now stay (and make sure you thoroughly check out the links in my signature ;)).

This is a neat theme! I like all of them and the patterns that the kites created in the sky!!!

Now do show us more of your lovely surroundings and flowers and all!
I missed you and your photos!

wow these shapes are great.... very 'graphic' style.... you could add more contrast to the sky, but i wouldnt want to loose the impact the colour of the kites have against the backdrop. :thumbup:

Ab$olut- go for it, they're a lot of fun to shoot.

LaFoto- not only did I forget my password, I forgot my screen name. This is the only place on the net where I'm not Bimjo & I forgot. Old age sucks!

brujeria & Archangel- yes, looking at them again the sky needs a little pop. Have to work on that a bit. :)

Most reactions

Back