NEX to be full frame?

Who would they be marketing to with this I wonder

I would assume anyone who is conscious of the advantages of full frame would want a DSLR for the wider range of options.

And I wouldn't really expect the general public to really give a damn about whether their camera is crop or full frame lol

Maybe if they keep it at the same price point as their current models it would be a good replacement

I would assume anyone who is conscious of the advantages of full frame would want a DSLR for the wider range of options.

And I wouldn't really expect the general public to really give a damn about whether their camera is crop or full frame lol

Maybe if they keep it at the same price point as their current models it would be a good replacement

Sony's new PRO lineup?

I would love this for a walk about snap shooter. Maybe with a 40mm f2 pancake would be sweet.

According to a very well-knwn photographer and camera industry observer, SONY customers are typically young, with pretensions of hipness and coolness. The "coolness factor" of a FF compact mirrorless interchangeable lens camera would be quite high. So....if SONY could manage to be the first company to market such a camera, they figure their sales might be high enough to justify the endeavor. And, since SONY does not have a single class-leading product in ANY category in which it sells...SONY would then (by default) be THE sales leader in a category they CREATED. Sweet deal for SONY and SONY users.
PLus, they HAVE the sensor-making technology...I mean, "why the heck NOT?"

The NEX-7 is actuakly a pretty capable camera and there is some SUPERB glass for the mount now. Check out The Luminous Landscape's "rolling review" of the NEX. It's better than most d-slr's were 5 years ago.

I think they would take many who can not afford the M9. There are many of us out there who have old Leica glass and would love something cheaper and better than the M9. Like me. But I agrree that would be a small market. But I can tell you first hand I had rather have an older full frame camera than the latest and greatest cropped sensor camera. The extra real estate equals bigger juicer pixels and more color depth and finer prints. No question my a850 will out do any cropped sensor you put in front of it below 800iso. I have printed very large and there is almost no, none that I can see, compression artifacts. But I also have to have the glass. Don't go full frame and put a cheap lens on it.

According to a very well-knwn photographer and camera industry observer, SONY customers are typically young, with pretensions of hipness and coolness.

Without actual data this is just some ****er with an opinion.

According to a very well-knwn photographer and camera industry observer, SONY customers are typically young, with pretensions of hipness and coolness.

Well stated. But if true it would put Nikon and Canon behind a little more. I think they put to much in their top of the line models. They are both slacking in their consumer grade cameras. The D800 is a marvel as well as the 5D. But they have little else to crow about. The D7000 is a little dusty.

The Leica M9 is a mirrorless full frame camera and it's technology is already dated and rumors of an M10 are starting. If Leica can do it I am sure Sony, Canon or Nikon can if they put their minds to it and much cheaper I would think. I think there is a market for small full frame cameras and journalist would eat them up. They might even ditch their Iphones...lol

According to a very well-knwn photographer and camera industry observer, SONY customers are typically young, with pretensions of hipness and coolness. The "coolness factor" of a FF compact mirrorless interchangeable lens camera would be quite high. So....if SONY could manage to be the first company to market such a camera, they figure their sales might be high enough to justify the endeavor. And, since SONY does not have a single class-leading product in ANY category in which it sells...SONY would then (by default) be THE sales leader in a category they CREATED. Sweet deal for SONY and SONY users.
PLus, they HAVE the sensor-making technology...I mean, "why the heck NOT?"

The NEX-7 is actuakly a pretty capable camera and there is some SUPERB glass for the mount now. Check out The Luminous Landscape's "rolling review" of the NEX. It's better than most d-slr's were 5 years ago.

The guy has advanced degrees in fields relating to marketing and consumer behavior, specializing in the electronics industry, and has over a decade of polling data on camera and lens buying, and usage habits, from tens of thousands of camera/photography enthusiasts from across the world. Last year, he was invited to speak directly to Nikon, Japan's executives at Nikon HQ. He has written 16 guidebooks on cameras, helped launch the first digital camera that had ANY success, the old APple QuickTake, and has multiple web sites, devoted to cameras. But to you, he's just some Fuc&^r with an opinion.

Can you guess who the author is??? Oh wait, that's right, he's just some Fuc&^r with an opinion...

The guy has advanced degrees in fields relating to marketing and consumer behavior, specializing in the electronics industry, and has over a decade of polling data on camera and lens buying, and usage habits, from tens of thousands of camera/photography enthusiasts from across the world. Last year, he was invited to speak directly to Nikon, Japan's executives at Nikon HQ. He has written 16 guidebooks on cameras, helped launch the first digital camera that had ANY success, the old APple QuickTake, and has multiple web sites, devoted to cameras. But to you, he's just some Fuc&^r with an opinion.

Can you guess who the author is??? Oh wait, that's right, he's just some Fuc&^r with an opinion...

Without data. He's an over educated wan*er with an opinion.

(aka. I don't care who he is. Quicktake 100 FTW, tho)

Something you might consider. Remember it's just a hobby dude.
$65 16-Hour Anger Management Class Online Anger Courses Programs

Without data. He's an over educated wan*er with an opinion.

(aka. I don't care who he is. Quicktake 100 FTW, tho)

Ken Rockwell???

What about glass? I assumed that all of the nex mount lens released so far are designed for crop sensors.

This could be an interesting camera.

Most reactions

Back