NEX6 adaptors and battery which to buy?

Imasphere

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first post on the forum. I just bought a Sony Nex6 and have a few questions. First I would like to describe my level of photography knowledge. I guess I would consider myself an advanced beginner or beginning intermediate. I know some photography theory like depth of field, shutter speed adjustments etc. but I'm still experimenting to obtain adequate results.
My first question is regarding lens adaptors. I have an old Minolta film slr with a 45mm f2 prime lens. I am looking to buy a Minolta MD to Nex adaptor for this lens. I have seen numerous adaptors available on EBay but I am wondering if any of you have had experience with certain adaptors. There are a number of really cheap adaptors, but will these work properly? I am not looking to have control of autofocus or aperture since this is a fully manual lens but if certain adaptors offer these options, it might be good for future purchases.
The same thing goes for batteries. Sony recommends genuine Sony batteries of course, but these are expensive. There are numerous Chinese batteries and charger kits available at much lower prices but I am worried these may harm the camera. I saw some supposedly genuine Sony batteries at a reasonable price, but from Chinese sellers. I am worried these may be copies with a counterfeit Sony name stamped on the box. I saw some Vivitar batteries which I have used on my camcorder. These could be a good compromise, cheaper than the Sony but still a decent quality.
Any recommendations or hands on experiences would be appreciated.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back