Next camera?

kjwimom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I currently have a D5100 and am thinking about possible upgrading. I would love the D4, but that's out of my budget right now. I mostly shoot newborns, maternity, and family sessions. I've been looking into the D600 or D7100. Any thoughts on those. I need something that shoots very well in lowlight. I'm welcome to other suggestions. Should I just stick with the D5100 for now. I'm not having any major issues with it, I just feel like I could get sharper images and less noise with a better camera, but I could be wrong. Thanks in advance!!

The D7100 would be a good upgrade and you could use all of your DX lenses.

The D610 would be a great upgrade but you'd need to make sure you have FX glass.

The D600 is a great deal right now for refurbished models (and you'd still need FX glass).

It all comes down to your budget and current lenses.

The D7100 would be a good upgrade and you could use all of your DX lenses.

The D610 would be a great upgrade but you'd need to make sure you have FX glass.

The D600 is a great deal right now for refurbished models (and you'd still need FX glass).

It all comes down to your budget and current lenses.

So.. umm..ya.. What he said.. lol

I just feel like I could get sharper images and less noise with a better camera, but I could be wrong. Thanks in advance!!

Sharpness issues could be from your lenses. Putting a low quality lens on a nice camera body will still give you low quality photos.

I just feel like I could get sharper images and less noise with a better camera, but I could be wrong. Thanks in advance!!

Sharpness issues could be from your lenses. Putting a low quality lens on a nice camera body will still give you low quality photos.

I use my 50mm f/1.4 prime lens.

I had the D7000 and now I have the D7100 so maybe I will be able to give you my insight since the D7000 and D5100 has same sensor.
The D7100 is a killer camera, sharpness on this camera is amazing, as for low light I don't think you will see a huge difference between the D5100 and D7100.
Yes the D7100 is better in low light but it is still a DX body which is sometime in low light condition limiting, this is why I have my 50mm 1.4D lens which I use at night.
So if low light is very important for you then there is no fight here the D610 is hands down the better winner here.
Over all the D610 and D7100 have a lot to offer and in most light condition will give you very close results and the D7100 cost half so you do your math.
If money was not the issue I would always go with a FX vs DX but money is always an issue and the D7100 is really a full package and I adore my D7100 something which I never did with my D7000.
So the choice is yours.

I do want to add about the D600 as an option, I think the oil/dust spots issues of this camera was blown out of proportions but still if I would go for FX I would go with the D610 no matter the price difference but that's my way of looking at things.

Most reactions

Back