Next Canon Lens After 55-250mm, 50mm prime, 18-55mm?

jjphotos

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking for another general purpose lens for shooting wider compositions (landscape) or "life as it looks" (35mm length? A counter example would be the 50mm lens since it the view is too close). It can be a prime lens such as the 35mm, but I was just wondering if there is a cheaper option out there? Or is the next level up going to cost around $400?
The brand is Canon. I'm open to 3rd party lens developers, but I'm not to familiar on how those work when attached to a Canon camera.
Thanks.

17-50mm f2.8 option, giving you more flexible option in different light than your current kit lens

Good suggestion by Jaomul, might give the 17-70/2.8-4 from Sigma a look. I have the exact same lens set, but bought the 100mm 2.8 Macro (without IS) next, for macro and Portraiture. The sigma 18-35/1.8 is a super lens, but might be above your budget.

I own the 55-250IS (soon to be replace by 70-200) and the jaomul's recommendation, the 17-50 tamron.
I'd get the Sigma this time though.

You might be able to find a used 17-55 2.8 canon too at that price which is probably the best lens for a crop
body camera along with the sigma 18-35 1.8.

Looking for another general purpose lens for shooting wider compositions (landscape) or "life as it looks" (35mm length? A counter example would be the 50mm lens since it the view is too close). It can be a prime lens such as the 35mm, but I was just wondering if there is a cheaper option out there? Or is the next level up going to cost around $400?
The brand is Canon. I'm open to 3rd party lens developers, but I'm not to familiar on how those work when attached to a Canon camera.
Thanks.

I would vote to get the 50mm 1.8 STM refurbished at $85

17-50mm f2.8 option, giving you more flexible option in different light than your current kit lens

Good suggestion by Jaomul, might give the 17-70/2.8-4 from Sigma a look. I have the exact same lens set, but bought the 100mm 2.8 Macro (without IS) next, for macro and Portraiture. The sigma 18-35/1.8 is a super lens, but might be above your budget.

I own the 55-250IS (soon to be replace by 70-200) and the jaomul's recommendation, the 17-50 tamron.

You might be able to find a used 17-55 2.8 canon too at that price which is probably the best lens for a crop

Sigma 17-50/2.8 is on 37% off sale right now at B&H, which is a $250 instant savings, with free shipping, and also 4% back on a future purchase.

Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Zoom Lens | B&H Photo Video

Thanks.

I would vote to get the 50mm 1.8 STM refurbished at $85

Thanks guys! You are a really helpful community!
So it's either between the Sigma or Tamron, but I guess I'll do some research into it!

I own the Tamron right now (VC version) and think the current Sigma is better.
It's also cheaper, well, here at least. I'll try the Sigma in the next week hopefully.

Both seem to be barely usable at 2.8, while the canon original 17-55 works great at 2.8.

Sigma 17-50/2.8 is on 37% off sale right now at B&H, which is a $250 instant savings, with free shipping, and also 4% back on a future purchase.

Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Zoom Lens | B&H Photo Video

Thanks.

Thanks guys! You are a really helpful community!
So it's either between the Sigma or Tamron, but I guess I'll do some research into it!

OK, but for a wide angle lens it's hard to beat the Canon 10-18 at $239 (refurbished)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back