Next Lens to buy?

bworthey42

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Canon Rebel Xti with a 18-55mm, and 75-300mm lens. It was basically a kit/package deal that I bought. I'm wondering what you would suggest would be next lens to add to my stash? Primarily, I'm taking pictures of my daughter, but I enjoy taking pictures of nature, buildings, old churches, etc. I'm not needing anythign for professional use - weddings or senior portraits - just personal use.

Thanks.

The nifty fifty is always a great first lens (after the kit). Its sharp, fast, and great for low light. The 50mm was the first lens I bought after my kit lenses. It hardly ever comes off my camera. I love it - its great for taking pictures of my daughter. You have to zoom with your feet so it takes some getting used to. I'm happy with it and you still have a wide angle and a zoom for the times that you need it!

I second the nifty fifty. You really need a fast lens for taking photos of kids. I'd also suggest a good flash.

--
Sent from my Droid Bionic.

Thanks for the info. It's interesting you say that - the two older cameras I have (inherited them) both have 50's with them. Is this what they came with or just what the original owner would have bought?

Most reactions

Back